Monday 29 October 2012

Day 1 at The Shop

My first official day at One Station Parade, and i am both relieved and apprehensive to start.

Joe accompanied me to the shop yesterday to look at the basics of my set up. There is a lot going on at the shop at the moment, and my greatest challenge is to create an interesting space that both transforms the space into The Multicoloured Swap Shop while at the same time incorporating the works already present in the shop.

There is a Photography exhibition by Studioweave at the front of the shop looking out into the street and the previous resident, Claire Sam's knitted Station Parade Sculpture, which is also to remain.

My initial thoughts were to incorporate both of these aspects into my installation - however looking at it, it has come to light that this would not be practical or possible to do without taking away from all three elements / exhibits. Instead, I have, with help from Joe, turned to curating the space instead to incorporate a show of three works - whilst actively using the larger space for my work/ workshops.

Today i have been moving my things in and setting up shop, ready for tomorrow's official opening.




- The three spaces, curated as separate entities.

No comments:

Post a Comment